The Crochet Corner

The Crochet Corner

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

FREE PATTERN-Business Card Holder



Here is one of my first few patterns that I have designed.  I wanted to make a standing Business Card Holder rather than buy a cheap looking plastic one for my cards. Why buy something when I know if I put my mind to it, I can create one that not only holds by business cards but represents my business perfectly!

You may do anything you want with an item you make from this pattern but please do not sell this pattern and I do ask that you reference my blog if you share this pattern on your page(s) or post pics of items you have made using this pattern.  Thanks :)

This is my first time writing up and publishing a pattern, please bear with me.  If you come across any issues with the pattern or have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact me so I can help you along and make any necessary pattern step corrections.

Here we go:

Materials:

Worsted Weight Yarn
'G' Hook
(you want to get nice tight stitching to help it stand on it's own)


Main Part:

  1. chain-18
  2. sc in 2nd chain from hook and ea ch across (17 sts), ch-1, turn
  3. sc in ea sc across, ch-1, turn for FOUR (4) rows
  4. next row: sc in BLO (back loop only) across, ch-1, turn
  5. sc in both loops across for ONE (1) row, ch-1, turn
  6. sc in ea sc across, ch-1, turn for SEVEN (7) rows, in last sc on last row work 3sc
  7. rotate project to work on sids (*note-you will only work on THREE (3) sides around)
  8. 1 sc in each side row down to foundation chain row side, work THREE (3) sc in corner
  9. turn and work in FND CH side, 1 sc in ea ch across to last ch, work THREE (3) sc in corner turn and work ONE (1) sc in each row up side. In last row, work ONE (1) sc and then do an Invisible Round Join to the first sc you made on the last row  of the SEVEN (7) row repeat earlier


Main Part Sides-Make TWO (2):

  1. chain-6
  2. sc in 2nd ch from hook and in ea ch across, ch-1, turn
  3. sc in ea sc across, ch-1, turn
  4. repeat step 3 ONE (1) time
  5. Fasten Off (F/O), Leave long tail for sewing

Sew the side parts to the mail part on the bottom opening where they match up.


Back Stand Sides-Make TWO (2):

  1. chain-6
  2. sc in 2nd chain from hook and in ea ch across, ch-1, turn (5 sts)
  3. sc in ea sc for TWO (2) rows, ch-1, turn
  4. sc in next 3 sts, sc decrease in next 2 sts, ch-1, turn
  5. sc decrease in next 2 sts, sc in next 2 sts, ch-1, turn
  6. sc in next sc, sc decrease, ch-1, turn
  7. sc decrease in the 2 sts remaining, F/O leave long tail for sewing
Sew the two slanted sides of the Back Stand Sides together.
Sew Back Stand to back of Main Part around all THREE (3) sides of the stand to form a triangle stand. If you pinch the Back Stand Sides as you sew around, it may make it easier to sew. You want the bottom part of the stand to be a little bit flat with a point sticking out in the middle so that it will rest on a tabletop.
Spray with fabric stiffener, position standing up and straighten out all sides to form the rectangle holder, and let dry overnight.

I use a spray bottle for my fabric stiffener solution. I took an old Febreeze bottle, combined the stiffener solution with water and just start to spray away. Much easier than soaking items in the solution plus, it has the added leftover scent of Febreeze!




The next time I make one, I will take pics as I go along and update this pattern with step by step pics.

I hope you enjoy making the card holder. Another idea for it would be to embroider your name or your company name on the front part. I was thinking about doing it for mine too. 

Happy Hooking :)






No comments:

Post a Comment